A snickerdoodle is a type of sugar cookie that is traditionally coated in cinnamon-sugar before it’s baked. In this dog-friendly version, the snickerdoodles are sweetened with honey and packed with cinnamon flavor. If your dog really likes cinnamon, you can also sprinkle a tiny bit of cinnamon on top of each cookie immediately after they come out of the oven.
Makes 28 cookies
3/4 cup oat flour
3/4 cup brown rice flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey
1 large egg
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Combine the flours and cinnamon in bowl.
3. Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add the honey, egg, and water. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Use your hands to press the mixture into a smooth dough.
4. Roll the dough into balls about 1 inch in diameter, and arrange the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake until the cookies are golden brown and firm to the touch, 19-20 minutes. When the cookies are done baking, turn off the oven, crack the oven door, and leave the cookies to dry out for 1 to 2 hours.
These cookies may be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator.